Thursday, April 7, 2011

More Beads and some shawl

Today I made beads by myself, as the daughter was behind due to having to go and pose in a pink dress at Picture People with her 9 month old little sister. She liked everything about it except for the pink part. She is absolutely NOT a girly girl. I was not unhappy about the solitary beadmaking. It's sort of like pulling weeds in the backyard, it gives you quiet time to reflect.

I went out and invested in some clear, spray on acrylic which has greatly sped up the process, and I notice that my bead rolling has improved, but I need to work on some other forms. The spherical paper beads intrigue me.

So anyway, I made bright yellow with bits of green peeking in here and there, green with bits of watermelon pink, brown with red and turquoise, and violet of  course. That's my favorite color but I think they are the blandest of the bunch tonight. I'll put up some pics tomorrow after the varnish dries.

My Fibromyalgia is keeping me nice and awake again like it's 3 in the afternoon, so I am about to pick up the Sara Like Tiara Shawl, practice shawl and work on it for a bit. Here's a pic of it in progress so far. I think it needs a bit of soft mohair woven in and a little bit of  sparkle, but I am still loving this yarn which is  Lion's Amazing in Ruby.
I get to take off the annoying wristwatch I have been wearing for two weeks after tomorrow, and turn it into the sleep clinic on Monday. Maybe they'll finally figure out what, if anything they can do to put me on daytime hours so I can spend more time with my baby girl. In the meanwhile I'm going to suck up the quiet time here and enjoy having the silence to create. :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the not sleeping. Between the FM and my caffeine addiction (I self-medicate my ADD....lol), I have spent many sleepless nights. Finally found a neurologist who patiently tried different meds and dosages until we got it right. Zanaflex works for me....but I have to take the highest recommended dosage. Good luck with the sleep clinic....hope they find something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing that it took me so long to see this comment, but it got buried by blogger or something! The sleep clinic is still a frustration and they are trying a myriad of things, like low dose anti anxiety meds and blue blocker sunglasses til 1 pm and sunlight after that. None of it,s working except that I am pretty consisitently sleeping only between the hours of 6 am to noon when I have to be up with the baby anyway.
      They put me with a neurologist now too Lisa, and he seems smart but he's baffled. He just discovered that when I take ambien it stays in mty body in high doses for many hours afterwards, which implies that the kidneys are not excreting it properly! I have not had a chance to talk with him about it, but see him in a few weeks!
      Thank you so much for responding way back here and sorry it took me so long to see it. Is the Zanaflex still working for you?

      Delete