Monday, August 19, 2013

back to blogging, Yay!!!!

I absolutely cannot believe that almost a year has sped by since I have blogged! My store has been somewhat busy, my two girls aged 3 and 11 are keeping me on my toes, and their school always needs something.

I have been steadily trying to rebuild stock in the store. I had a buyer who became a good friend buy a lot of my fancier stuff, so I am restocking items of like quality, and adding some of the new designs we came up with together. I would put up a pic or two but do not have them here on the kindle.

I was also slowed down in a big way this summer by a big abdominal surgery that was supposed to be minor exploratory laparoscopy. The docs found a massive amount of scar tissue, endometriosis, and 3 cysts. It took me over a month to recover from that, and now I am on a cancer drug called Lupron to make some of those cysts stop appearing. Since June I have had at least two large ones come back that we know of. They are all non cancerous, but they hurt like the devil. No worries, I am cancer free, but I get to experience menopause for six months, which may be interesting.

Consequently I am spending lots of time in bed and not much at the torch making beads, or at my workbench making new stuff for fall. Oddly, I did get some vintage looking rose earrings done, but people won't be so excited about those until spring. ;)

I have been working on a huge "garden granny" Afghan, that is in about twelve colours. I like it but have trouble making some of the squares if the color combo does not catch my sense of deliciousness. Recently some of the antique rose in the design had been quite yummy and encouraging. Do you guys ever feel that way about yarn in large projects?

I will put up some pictures if I get my kindle here out to visit the workbench.

I am also doing some chain maille, on the small scale, working my way up to dragonscale, but it's going to be awhile, since I am just really doing Byzantine and romanov.

Anyway, it's great to talk at all of you! I think blogging is a joy and need to get back to it. I am also on pinterest as skyemberr king if any of you would like to check out my boards. I have a lot of stuff in there that you will probably like and I am interested to start following you all!

I hope your weekend had been full of "fun" back to school stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment