Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Exploratory shawl finished!

I finally finished the shawl I was working on as a model of the one I am sending to a friend. I like this pattern overall but I think it could use a bit of bling around the edges. The yarn is Lion's Amazing, in Ruby. That yarn was easy to work with and striped very well, is soft, but is a little bit expensive.

I have my 8 year old modeling it here because the only other model available at this moment is her 66 year old grandfather (we call him Pops) and this would just not look right on him at all!!! :) So anyway, the shawl would not be quite as big on a full sized person. It is actually a "shawlette" pattern that I made bigger.


Eventually I'll model this on my sewing dummy that I just got for my birthday, and stick it on Etsy, but the edging may be beaded at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment