Thursday, November 17, 2011

There's something really bothering me

There is something bothering me, and something I want to make clear.

First, this blog is somewhat anonymous as I do not announce or name myself or my family members in detail, you'd have to dig to get more information, and most of you don't want to do that, you'd just like to hear what I have to say, especially those of you with Fibromyalgia or some other silent disease who are trying to find their way through it and cope, and find hope!

I posted a couple of days ago, very generically about how the fibromyalgia, and abuse of one of my children has affected me and my immediate family here in the house, and how we were disowned by a wing of the family because of some of those issues. The issues were so overwhelming and significant to me that they stopped me from blogging for two months as I dealt with grief.

I posted the story about it, hoping to show other people with fibromyalgia or lupus,or other silent diseases that they are not alone in their struggles. The common story of family rejection linked to these illnesses happens to others and is echoed in many forums for these illnesses around the internet community! I also posted about several other unrelated topics in the same post.

Since that post, I have been harassed by a couple of family members, who were NEVER identified by name. Apparently they feel that even if they cannot be linked to what I am posting about, without some serious effort from one of you, that they can censor what I put in this blog. I just want to state, for the record, that I won't allow bullying to silence what I have to say, especially as it relates to how Fibromyalgia has changed my life and distorted relations with friends and family. That would run counter to the actual purpose of this blog which is to discuss living with that illness while raising a family, and crafting a small business. (see the statement at the top of the blog where it says this)

So anyway, to those of you wonderful followers who read my posts and appreciate that I am trying to help others by sharing some of these panful stories in a generic fashion, thank you. It's hard to go through the experiences and very hard to write about them, but I am very grateful that you lend an ear or words of support, or just your thoughts.

To the ones who are angry because you feel guilty that you perpetrated some very nasty acts against me and my family unit this year due to your misunderstanding of my illness and your failure to protect an abused child over abusers, please remember that the internet is like the television set. If you don't like what I have to say, you can change the channel. I am not naming any of you by name and I have family all over the US so I could be talking about anybody, so I am not defaming you, and it's NOT being posted to the pages of your friends unless YOU put it there.

Furthermore, passing around links of the post to family who knew nothing about the blog topic because they deliberately aren't followers or friends, or fans, just to raise trouble and cause pressure or strain, is totally uncalled for, and certainly does not facilitate healing of the family that I have worked for and you profess to want.

I'll continue to write what I feel and what I'm thinking about because I have the freedom in this country to do so. It's also therapeutic to me and for others, based off of the responses I get.

This is very sad, because this blog is not meant to be a battleground and I won't allow it to be.
I am sorry the rest of you had to hear this very unhappy post, but I guess it illustrates again how difficult it can be when relations go bad in a family due to these invisible ailments.

Now that I've made THAT clear, let's get back on to happier subjects, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you and everything you said ,and the ppl that made nasty comments to you , even thought their names were not posted , appareently they knew the were guilty even though you mentioned no names at all ppl know when they have hurt someone , I have family with some of those dieseas also , my heart goes out to anyone suffering with any kind of diease , or sickness , ppl dont know till they walk in others shoes !! stay strong.

    ReplyDelete