Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hemp and Beads

I went to a fun class last night given by Michael's. Apparently, their stores in our area have had all of their classes (escept for the Wilton cake decorating) cancelled for the last 3 years, so they are trying to restart their class program. They are a mess. The flyers do not state that you have to sign up at the register BEFORE the day of the class in order to go to it.  The end result of this is that classes are getting cancelled and people have been showing up to find out there is no class. As a result nobody was getting the class syllabus either, so the items needed for the class were not being bought in advance which would have put a serious crimp in their crimping class (among other things).

Finally one of their instructors called me on the phone yesterday and told me I was her only sign up. I told her about the problem with the flyer and it was like the lights came on. They're going to fix that. In return I was able to have the hemp beading class last night as a sole student (something Michaels does not allow the instructors to do) and had a good time.  Here's a pic of one of the bracelets I made.

The instructor also changed the class for next week to something else, because I told her I wanted the wire wrapping class instead. I'm excited. I have a bunch ideas about how to use the wire wrapping with some of my paper beads in combination with glass. We'll see how it goes next week.

Tonight I am working on a marled purple yarn bag with an aubergine purple top that I am going to try to bead with glass seed beads. I'll put up some pics if it looks good. It's like my second shot at the same pattern the red bag was from, so am working out the kinks here.

Hope all is well for all of you and your families out there tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment